Sunday, July 5, 2009

Street Art Sunday - Is it a Bird...a plane...?


Street Art Sunday #11

I have no idea what this sculpture is nor what it's supposed to represent...but I quite like it. I think it looks like some kind of friendly chicken!

There are a series of odd pieces of art along the Bow river pathway. They provide food for thought as you run or cycle past. This pathway is well used by many daily commuters who cycle downtown to work each day. This shot was taken early on a Sunday morning so there were only a few folk about but on weekday mornings this pathway is buzzing.

6 comments:

  1. It is interesting! I kind of like it when I'm not sure what something is supposed to be. That way I can use my imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it doesn't mean anything in particular but just looks good?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could represent a roller coaster that keeps going up and up until it meets the stars...

    Great composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what it may be, and probably neither its author does, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is clearly a means to communicate with beings from another planet

    ReplyDelete