Saturday, June 13, 2009

Biking Season


We have very distinct seasons in Calgary and you have to make the most of them. Winter is ski-ing, snowboarding, ice-climbing and any sport you can name to do with frozen water in it's various forms! Summer is sailing, kayaking and soccer...and biking of course! On all the pathways in Calgary the bikers, roller-bladers and runners are now out in force enjoying the warmth and the light of our longer evenings.
School is out for summer in a couple of weeks time and the kids only really want to be outside. We are really hoping that we have seen the last of the snow!...at least until late August or early September!

12 comments:

  1. I love the light in this picture. Nice composition too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture... nicely captured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have very interesting photos in your blog.
    You know to work with the light.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here, it is so darn hot, people retreat indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bicycles--yep we have lots out here too. I live up in the Pilchuck Tree farm and all the trails and roads are open to bikes--no motorized bikes--. they are open to hikers and horseback riders too. Mostly mountain bikes up here.

    What a nice blog you have. Thanks for visiting mine. MB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog to see the Chihuly glass. Now I've found yours and I can link it to my page so I can see what you're posting everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog to check our Color Carnival.

    Sure wish biking around here was as 'comfortable' as it looks there ~
    93 degrees today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice, warm picture that makes a person feel good!

    Snow in August? Omigod!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great one - and now I'm thinking Shadow Shot Sunday. Oh my, I think I need photo meme therapy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so a sunny picture, a pity here is too hot to bike around seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a summery shot, you have this w/end. I really eager to learn biking (blush)... I can't!

    Love the sunny day!

    Hugs to you on this rainy day (in Sweden)...

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello, bike riding is fantastic in the summer, i love it, all the scenery and fresh air and it keeps me fit...thanks for sharing, great shot there..have a fab day :) mOnikaROse cya

    ReplyDelete