Thursday, April 30, 2009

Canoes

You know spring has arrived in Calgary when the canoes start appearing on cars! I found this one outside a coffee shop in Kensington. The Bow River flows through Calgary and provides some easy canoeing for a weekend afternoon. Just tie your canoe on top of your car and head down to a launch site. There are many more rivers just a short drive out of the city too. Canadians love their canoes...this one looks like it's seen some action!
Don't ask about the British phone booth. I have no idea why it is there!

8 comments:

  1. That's a pretty color on that canoe! I didn't notice the phone booth until I read your post. It really blends in with the brick. I like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contrasts with the brick wall!
    This is something you will not see here, but surfboards instead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The phone booth is there because it's Kensington of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice capture and interesting info. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got a shock seeing a British phone box here, especailly in sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Springtime is always great time to do outdoor activities, and I guess Calgary is not the exception.

    Greetings from Santiago, Chile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe it will be converted into a canoe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, thank you for dropping by and admiring my shadow shot. There will be more, love taking shots of the sky, now I will be Gliding more..stay tuned for my post on my Gliding Day 2..Have a great day :) Great shot of the car and canoe, interesting phone booth!
    MonikaORse

    ReplyDelete